Monday, 15 July 2013

- Hoffman 17502 Charcoal Soil Conditioner, 24-Ounce


Product Description

Horticultural charcoal soil conditioner is an additional item recommended by garden writers for custom mixing potting. Improves drainage and absorbs impurities. Soaks up soil impurities to make a more healthy environment for plants as a drainage base in all types of indoor container growing. This product weighs 24 ounces.

Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #2808 in Lawn & Patio
  • Brand: Hoffman
  • Model: 17502
  • Dimensions: 2.00" h x15.00" w x8.63" l,1.50 pounds

Features

  • Charcoal soil conditioner
  • Improves drainage and absorbs impurities
  • Horticultural charcoal is an additional item recommended by garden writers for custom mixing potting
  • Will not burn releases nitrogen slowly, feeding plants over a long period of time, pelletized for easy application

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews
16 of 16 people found the following review helpful.
5hard to find
By glitterpony
I had a really hard time trying to find planting charcoal for terrariums, and was so pleased when I finally found a decent size bag for purchase on amazon. I literally went all over nyc trying to find this stuff. My terrariums look great!
16 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
5many uses, good price
By charwoman
Like the first reviewer, I checked a couple of local outlets before finally ordering this from Amazon. I intended to use it not in soil but to filter water, not for drinking but for bathing and for plant use (both collected rain and city water). I take tub baths and had been looking into chlorine filters for the tub, most of them seeming overpriced. I folded about a cup or so into a bandana and tied it around the tub spout. It took a little adjusting to make sure most of the water ran through it but the usually overchlorinated city water was significantly less chlorinated and did not sting my eyes and nose as it normally does. If I used it for nothing else it would be a good bargain. Going to try making 2-3' hose sections with screen ends when the growing season starts, and using those as a filter, as well as a filter from the downspout to the rain barrels.

A good deal, although I do wish I could have found it in my usual shopping areas. I was surprised there wasn't any horticultural/aquaculture charcoal at the home warehouse store near us, especially considering they sell pond equipment.
11 of 11 people found the following review helpful.
5plant charcoal
By olma83
This plant charcoal works very well, keeps my terrarium fresh and keeps plants disease free. A must have for serious horticulturalists

No comments:

Post a Comment