Tuesday, 16 July 2013

- Espoma AP16 16-Quart Organic Potting Mix


Product Description

Espoma ap16 16-quart organic potting mix


Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #1958 in Lawn & Patio
  • Size: 16 Quarts
  • Brand: Espoma
  • Model: AP16
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 13.00" h x2.00" w x24.00" l,

Features

  • Potting mix
  • For all potted plants
  • For organic gardening
  • all natural
  • Enhanced with myco tome

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful.
4Gentle on younger plants
By AB
I have recently started gardening and planted several different kinds of seeds in pots using this soil. My seeds sprouted well and have grown nicely. My tomato plants are well over 6 feet and producing many bunches of tomatoes. The soil is definitely on the lighter side and quite porous. It does dry up a lot faster too and I did have to water some of my plants twice a day during hot weather. However this changed once I mixed this potting soil with organic plant food. Now, I don't need to water my plants as much and the soil mix seems denser too. I really like this potting mix, it has worked very well for my seeds.

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful.
3Good soil but cracks and dries up too quickly
By Rebeca A. Collazo
This soil is very rich and plants grow nicely in it. It also has no nasty odors and I never had bug problems when I was using it. However it has lots of perlite and it dries up way too fast. It's not good for tomatoes unless you are planning to stand next to your plants with a hose all day or you have self watering planters with huge reservoirs. I find that Jiffy Natural & Organic All-Purpose Potting Mix - 4 Quarts works better for me because it has better texture and stays moist for much longer.

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.
3Okay product. - not that good for mature plants.
By C. J. Vazquez
I have bought this product a couple of times because it was pretty much the only one that met all my plotting/planting requirements. However, the soil is too lose for mature plants and I've noticed that roots have a hard time attaching to it. Additionally, water goes right through the soil which makes it hard on plants that tend to have their roots closer to the surface. If you have fruit plants I would stay away from this product.


No comments:

Post a Comment